How To Get A Philippine Postal ID 2016

I mentioned HERE na nag-apply ako for Postal ID dito sa Marikina last August. I already got my ID nung September pa pero ngayon ko lang gagawan ng separate post how I applied for it because (just because). Hehe.



I bet you already know na pwede na ngayong i-submit as primary ID ang new and improved Postal ID sa pagkuha ng Passport. READ THE NEWS HERE. Bongga no?

So, if you're interested to know how I applied for the said ID, read on!

First, here are the requirements from PHLPOST website. Click to enlarge image.



There is a different set of requirements for foreign applicants so make sure to READ HERE for full details.

I wasn't able to download the necessary forms so hiningi ko na lang yan sa staff ng Marikina Post Office when I arrived there. You can download the forms HERE if you wish to. After filling up the forms, I submitted it together with my original (and xerox copies) NSO-issued birth certificate, marriage license and barangay certificate. Scan the requirements so you'll know kung ano ang meron at wala kayo, but basically 3 requirement items lang yan.

HOW MUCH? Here's the amount from PHLPOST website:














I paid the same exact amount. If sobra dyan ang siningil sa inyo, isumbong nyo kay Duterte. Charot.

After checking your requirements, the post office staff will usher you to their ID capture area for photo and biometric chenes. Marikina Post Office is included on the 200+ ID capture stations. Check HERE if kasali your area. TIP: Wag kang mahiyang humingi ng time para magsuklay o magpulbos kung medyo hagardo verzosa ka na. :p

Your ID will be delivered to your doorstep within 10-15 days kung Metro Manila while it will take 15-20 days naman on provincial locations. This ID is valid for 3 years.


Hope this helps,