Reconnecting with Friends: The Good, The Bad and The Awkward

I've been trying to reconnect with my friends for the past couple of days. I'm making bawi because I've been a very, very negligent friend since I've became a mom.

Everyone meet Mean and Mich:



They are my two friends that I was able to meet again last week. I've been friends with them since 2006. I call them my BM friends because mga officemates ko sila nung nasa Burger Machine Inc. pa ako. My stint in that company was brief lang, but the girls were able to get back in touch with me and I love them for that. They knew, especially Mean how 'kabute' I am (because I'm a lulubog-lilitaw kind of friend lol) and they find time para kumustahin ako and all that. Our other friends, (Mommy) Mich and May didn't make it kasi super biglaan lang our lakad. I don't know kung napansin nyo pero all of their names start with letter 'M'. Kaya siguro minsan, out of place ang pakiramdam ko when we're together. Hahahahaha! Joke lang.

This is Haneylyn naman and she's my high school friend. Grabe this girl. She looks like a high school girl pa din. Pero dati pa naman she's pretty na and has really nice skin. I look like her nanay in this photo. I should have done some filtering pero this is a good reminder na rin for both of us — to remind her how blessed she is physically and to remind me to religiously take care of my skin. Yay!


Nonetheless, I'm happy because nagkita ulit kami after a very long time. The last time we met kasi she's still dalaga pa and still studying her university degree. Although I admit it's a bit awkward din, because I feel na kahit gaano pa kami ka-close during high school, sa sobrang tagal na hindi kami nagkita parang naging strangers na rin kami sa isa't isa. Soooo weird!!! I think that's the very reason why you should A L W A Y S try to reconnect with your friends na matagal mo nang hindi nakakasama. I'm not sure sa ibang case ha, pero I just start to realize na when you become a mom, parang kahit hindi mo sinasadya, it's so easy to let a friendship to slowly drift away eh. Hindi sya cool. Do you agree?

Also, I just found an old friend on Facebook. Yes, FB! I love you again FB! I literally can't believe my eyes when I made kalkal my some sort of memory box, and found this 16-year old snail mail.


I swear, it brought back sooooo many memories. I'm super happy dahil kahit ilang beses na akong nag relocate, binaha, binagyo naitago ko pa pala to. =) Syempre I messaged her agad. Ang funny pa nga kasi she looks so different from what I remember (or talagang I'm not good at remembering faces), and medyo nag worry ako na baka isipin nya na stalker, scammer or baliw ako. Hahahahaha! Pero ayun, she confirmed naman that she was trying to find me online too and everything. I really hope to see her again (or be friends with her again rather), because parang sa case ni Honey medyo awkward and parang technically strangers na din kami dahil sa tagal naming hindi nagkita ulit. I think we just need more time and communication to work it out. =)

Lastly, I wasn't very successful in getting back in touch with my City friends (because I met them here in the metro that's why, haha) but I do hope that we'll meet again soon dahil kung may mga kaibigan na nakakakilala talaga sakin from head to foot eh sila na yun. I don't know how we ended up not having constant communication nowadays. Literal na hindi kami mapaghihiwalay when we were in our 20+'s eh. Well, for one thing siguro dahil sa isang office lang naman ang work namin dati. Now kasi most of them are still single pa and have different careers na. Hayyy. Maybe it's my hormones pero these are the times that I feel that the friendship is slowly drifting away ng hindi ko namamalayan. Geezzz, this feels like very adulting and adulting is very hard. Lels.

marriage, work, family... time flies without me knowing that I've became more and more UNAVAILABLE. My goal is to enrich my life by not letting life itself interrupt my relationship with my friends. I hope to make them a priority too.