Summer 2019: First Stop, Flamingoes Resort Marikina

When I celebrated my birthday last October, sabi ko sa sarili ko: I'm going to travel and enjoy outdoors a lot this year. Kahit na around Metro lang. Simula kasi nung naging nanay ako, talagang sa bahay na lang ako napipirmi mostly. Don't get me wrong. Syempre I enjoy every minute na kasama ko ang pamilya ko at home. Mas matipid kaya yun. But you know, our body can only take so much home confinement. You'll seriously go nuts. Take it from me! HAHA

They say humans are wired to connect with one another; to interact with nature and other forms of life. Sineseryoso ko yan to the best of my ability nowadays. I try to make new friends and go out 'pag may chance. I reconnect with old friends and family. With the inevitable social media and technology toxins these days, even simple walking around your neighborhood can really make a difference. 

So when my amiga sa school ni Caylee invited us to go swimming and celebrate his son's birthday, gora ako agad mga bakla.

AWRA kahit naka-paa. HAHA



HAPPY KIDS



Yun lang, I didn't get the chance to enjoy the swimming pool dahil may dalaw ako. Kainis! Ako tuloy naging official photographer. It's okay though because I love taking photos. 

Selfie na lang ang pobreng may regla. HAHA



I'm sorry I also forgot to take photos of the resort's facilities/amenities. If you're curious, Flamingoes are located here in General Ordoñez Ave, Marikina. Malinis naman at medyo malawak. The staff are 
nice naman pero parang kulang sa energy. Gusto ko kasi yung abot hangang tenga ang ngiti ng customer service staff when greeting customers lalo na sa mga resort. Haha. 

Kakasimula pa lang ng summer so hindi pa masyadong maraming tao kahit Saturday kami pumunta. Our only reklamo is hinahayaang gumamit ng cellphone yung mga lifeguard on duty. Talagang sa post pa nila, lantaran. Lels. I'm sure bantay-sarado naman ang mga kids naming mga parents/guardians, pero it's very important na always alert ang mga nakatokang lifeguard. Haler, lifeguards nga sila noh!

Oh well, overall na-enjoy naman namin yung experience namin sa Flamingoes. I'm thinking to go back pa nga with my pamangkins this coming school vacation.  :)

So there's our first summer mini getaway this year. Looking forward for more!


Stay Sane,